D.I.Y. Kale Salad (SUPERfood Lovin’)
If you didn’t know, I LOVE kale. It’s an amazing food, a SUPERfood actually, and I love everything about it. Eating it in salads, as chips, sauteed, steamed, in greens – there are so many options! It’s my top food!
Here are some facts you should know!
- Kale, also known as borecole, is one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet.
- Kale is an amazing vegetable being recognized for its exceptional nutrient richness, health benefits, and delicious flavor.
- It belongs to the Brassica family that includes cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, collards, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
- One cup of kale contains 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber, and 15% of the daily requirement of calcium and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), 40% of magnesium, 180% of vitamin A, 200% of vitamin C, and 1,020% of vitamin K. It is also a good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus. WOW!
- Kale’s health benefits are primarily linked to the high concentration and excellent source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K — and sulphur-containing phytonutrients.
So trust me! Try it out – you won’t be disappointed!
Let me know how you like it! And feel free to share some of your favorite kale recipes!