Zesty Avocado Cilantro Dressing
One of my favorite pastimes is cooking! Theres something about sharing good food with good friends, so I’m always on the lookout for a good recipe or something new to try. Over this summer I have fallen in absolute LOVE with avocados, so when I ran across this recipe on Skinny Taste, I immediately thought of the ripe avocados in my fridge. If you love a creamy dressing without all the extra ingredients that you cant pronounce, trust me when I tell you, this is AMAZING! I keep thinking of things I want to try this on. Fish, Vegetables, Kale, Tortilla chips… and so on.. so here is my Recipe Remix of Zesty Avocado Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing. ENJOY!!
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 0 mins Yields: 6 servings
What you need:
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Jalopeno pepper w/ seeds if you want it spicy or Canned Sliced Jalepenos (pictured)
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped scallion
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
What do do:
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. If you’d like a thinner dressing add more buttermilk, if you’d like it thicker use less. I used the entire carton pictured.
What’d you think? How are you eating avocados this summer?