Honey Mustard Chicken
Even though its summer, I find myself wanting a hearty chicken dish that I can put over rice and add a nice Kale salad to or pair with some roasted asparagus. I found this recipe on my go to site for all things yummy, Simply Recipes. I’ve heard how wonderful making your own honey mustard dressing is, but it wasnt until I made this dish that I truly understood. Not only is this easy, its REALLY good… and like all things edible, you can subtract or add as you please… so without further ado “Honey Mustard Chicken”
Prep Time: 1o mins Cook Time: 45 mins Yields: 4-6 Servings
What you need:
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs (or legs)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (or a generous sprinkling of dried rosemary)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Its important to note that even if you dont eat the chicken skin, be sure to leave it on while baking so that the meat does not dry out. If you choose to prepare this recipe with chicken breasts cover your baking dish with aluminum foil.
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix mustard, honey, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt. Continue to add more salt and mustard until you get the flavor just right.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken and lay the pieces skin-side up in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour the honey mustard sauce over the chicken. Place the rosemary sprigs in between the pieces of chicken or over chicken if using dried rosemary.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife. Remove the baking dish from the oven, use a spoon to spoon off any excess chicken fat that has rendered during the cooking.
To add a bit more flavor, sprinkle some freshly ground pepper over your chicken before serving. I chose to eat mine with rice and a Kale salad (not pictured). ENJOY!
What’d you think? What easy ways have your baked chicken?