Broccoli Chicken Popovers
I was browsing the internet for whatever people browse the internet for, and I stumbled across a recipe for broccoli chicken cups. It looked very simple, quick, and the ingredients sounded like they meshed well together. So after work I ran and picked up the things that I didnt have in my pantry, which unfortunately includes muffin tins, which the recipe called for and apparently the grocery store doesnt have. I didnt feel like driving across town and fighting through Walmart or Target traffic, so I decided to try my luck at Marshalls, and I found some popover tins instead… I figured I’d make them work. So without further ado, Broccoli Chicken Popovers adapted from Taste of Home magazine.
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Yields: 10-12 servings
What you need:
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast/tenderloins
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 muffin or popover tins
What to do:
- Set your oven to 375°.
- Place biscuits in greased muffin cups, pressing dough onto the bottom and up the sides. Add 1 tablespoon cheese and cereal to each cup.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped chicken, condensed soup and frozen broccoli; spoon into each muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese.
Have you ever tried biscuits in an unconventional way? How so?